About LouisQuill

Pronounced loo-ee-kwill (fellow Louisville natives will understand this). This blog will peak into various aspects of my life: my stationery fetish, creativity, journaling, DIY graphic design, and life in general.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Do You Have an Ink Swab Book?

My inner nib nerd would not be happy unless I tracked all the various inks I own (or sample when the secret society of local nib nerds meet) in a little handy booklet.  OK, we're not that secret.

Format: I do try to lump colors together if possible, although some days I don't know what inks I will meet -- or spill.  Chaos may ensue.  I use a small Clairefontaine cloth-bound journal (11 x 17 cm size).

When sampling, I use do a cotton swab for the larger ink splat.  In my imagination, I have enough fountain pens for all my inks.  In reality, I keep a glass dip pen around to do sample writing with the ink -- it's not the same as a fountain pen nib but will provide a good sense of how the ink appears on paper.

I also paste ink swab cards I get from Brian Goulet of Goulet Pens when I place orders through him.  Yes, um, lots of little paper samples....  No, no ink addiction here.  Move along, folks!  (No affiliation, just a happy customer).

So how do you track your inks -- favorite or otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment